At Gopal Farm, we believe that every region, every community, and every farm is complete in and of itself. It is for each of us to discover how that is so and to be mindful of that completeness in all we do. We also need to be mindful of what is our "quota" and utilize only that, while preserving the "quota" of others including that of animals and future generations. Here at Gopal Farm, we translate that mindfulness into the way we operate day to day, in the right relationship to the earth’s resources, seeking always to utilize them with frugality and the greatest care, avoiding wherever possible extractive practices, external inputs, and impinging on others right to use those same resources.
At Gopal Farm, we are also committed to upholding the highest ethical standards in the dairy industry. We firmly believe that cows deserve to be treated with respect, compassion, and dignity. As such, we have adopted a no-kill policy, ensuring that no animal is ever harmed or slaughtered for their milk or any other purpose.
As Complete Agriculturists, we are:
- Fertilizer-, fungicide, and pesticide-free.We avoid chemical inputs to our soil and plants. By adhering to holistic land management practices our cows provide, through their foraging behavior and their manure, all the organic inputs required to maintain and enhance the health of our soil and the food we grow from it. Additionally, we will be using Sir Andrew Howard's reconstituted Indore Method of Compost preparation which he learned while posted in Indore, India in the 1920s. We utilize cow byproducts for seed germination, growth enhancements, and as pesticides, using ancient Indian techniques. We also use many beneficial insects in our pest management practice.
- Energy independent– The majority of heat, electricity, and fuel we require for our day-to-day farm operations will be produced using renewable resources. We are researching how we can supplement this using “ox-power.”
- Cow feed and fodder independent– Our cows are fed exclusively from our farm fields and our pastureland. In addition to our pasture, we hope to create expanded, community-deeded pastureland in the tradition of the Indian “gochar.” Our cows also enjoy “gleaning rights” to our fields after harvests.
- Modern construction material independent– Whenever possible we will use materials sourced from our farm to construct essential buildings and infrastructure, acknowledging that we may from time to time require external inputs.
- Waste and garbage independent– We recycle all farm products and waste internally.
- Violence-free– Our animals are part of our farm community and are our fellow residents. They perform specific, valued functions in our agricultural system and we believe they should never be slaughtered for financial gain. Instead our animals are free to live out their natural lives and are provided with comfort care at the end stages of life (10% of revenue from all cow products is deposited into a "cows retirement fund" to be utilized specifically for their old age). We support ethical practices through our Economics nonprofit.
Provide a Safe and nurturing environment for our animals.
At Gopal Farm we treat the cows as part of our community and create a sanctuary where they can live their lives to the fullest, grow to mature cows and become strong oxen. We recognize the importance of treating animals humanely that our by looking after our A2 Heritage cows to ensure they are happy and healthy they will in turn they produce produce superior quality milk, and we are dedicated to ensuring their well-being.
Prioritize personal health and the health of the environment.
Our primary intention is to prioritize your health and the health of the environment and our vision is to help effectuate lifestyle changes for people with chronic diseases through farm-based wellness. We believe that the food we eat should nourish our bodies and support our overall well-being. That's why we grow our produce using organic methods, free from harmful pesticides, herbicides, and synthetic fertilizers.
Thats why we also offer our CSA Health Farm Boxes, so you learn how food as medicine is so powerful and feel confident that you are consuming food that is not only delicious but also free from harmful chemicals.
At the farm, we want you to know exactly where your food comes from and how it is grown. That's why we encourage you to visit our farm, meet our farmers, and see firsthand the care and attention that goes into cultivating our crops. We believe in fostering a strong connection between you and your food, allowing you to make informed choices about what you put on your plate.
From our holistic Complete (Isha-vasya) farming method which encompasses the most non-conventional and emerging systems of agriculture, including regenerative, organic, permaculture, and Biodynamic. We are committed to minimizing our environmental impact and promoting regenerative agricultural practices. From utilizing composting and crop rotation techniques to conserving water and energy, we strive to be responsible stewards of the land. We are committed to minimizing our environmental impact and promoting eco-friendly practices.
We believe in nurturing conscious communities, supporting local organizations, farms, and neighbors, and fostering a sense of community engagement. We actively collaborate with neighboring farms, businesses, and organizations to promote regenerative and sustainable agriculture and animal welfare. By working together, we can create a better future for both animals and humans alike.